Plant of the month –
Clematis. cirrhosa var. Purpurascens ‘Freckles’ is a great plant for this time of year as it flowers through the winter season.
It has a slightly shiny, evergreen foliage and use to clothe a wall, arbour, trellis or pergola and it can also be grown over large shrubs or small trees.
Top 10 jobs for November
1. Check your winter protection structures are still securely in place
2. Check that greenhouse heaters are working OK
3. Prevent ponds and stand pipes from freezing
4. Prune open-
5. Prune Acers, birches and vines before Christmas to avoid bleeding
6. Harvest leeks, parsnips, winter cabbage, sprouts and remaining root crops
7. Deciduous trees and shrubs can still be planted and transplanted
8. Take hardwood cuttings
9. Keep mice away from stored produce
10. Reduce watering of houseplants