Plant of the month –
This rose reaches its full glory in June when the it erupts into a wonderful display of colour and fills the air with a heady fragrance.
Rosa ‘Graham Thomas’ is one of the many cultivars of English roses that can be planted in a formal style with a range of colours from deep, velvety red through oranges and yellows to pale creams and crisp, clear whites.
Top 10 jobs for June
- Hoe borders regularly to keep down weeds
- Be water-
wise, especially in drought- affected areas
- Pinch out sideshoots on tomatoes
- Harvest lettuce, radish, other salads and early potatoes
- Position summer hanging baskets and containers outside
- Cut lawns at least once a week
- Plant out summer bedding
- Stake tall or floppy plant
- Prune many spring-
- Shade greenhouses to keep them cool and prevent scorch